Thursday, March 25, 2010

Problems with the ole garden..

So, my sidewalk border idea has been thrown away and now I've got 2 little quarter circles on either side of my first step. My dirt is crap! I have decided that its going to take too long to treat the soil and get it up to par for both sides of the sidewalk. Yesterday I dug and tried to break the dirt up and I mixed in some peat and humus and it looks terrible. It looks like I'm going to have to buy some topsoil to make these flowers actually grow.

In the mean time, I bought some impatiens and a little greenhouse to germinate the seeds in. I'm thinking about taking the freesia back because it needs full sun and my porch is shaded all day. You can see in the pic on my other post where the shade is...that's pretty much where it is. In the summer it might be a different story but for the spring and stuff just to get things going it needs 6-8 hours full sun. not gonna happen.

Its raining now so hopefully my manure is enriching my current clayish dirt situation. I raked the crap out of that dirt yesterday and I still couldn't get it to clumps smaller than large marbles. pathetic.

I'm not giving up though! I will have flowers this year damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment