Monday, March 15, 2010

Rosemary Chicken & My balsamic Vinaigrette


Sorry I've been a little too busy/tired lately to post any recipes. I was cooking though and have been keeping up with my resolution thus far. I promise.

This chicken recipe is courtesy of Rachael Ray. It was definitely a winner with Justin and Violet.

2T EVOO
s&p
chicken breasts (she recommends boneless but I used Bone-In. :P)
1 lg shallot finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
3 sprigs rosemary chopped
1/2 c honey
1T dijon mustard (I dont use fancy pants mustard so I used yellow)
juice of 1 lemon

1.) Heat 1 T evoo in a lg skillet over med-high heat
2.) Season chicken w/ s&p
3.) Cook chicken 6 min on each side
4.) Remove chicken from skillet and cover with foil to keep warm
5.) Drop heat to med.
6.) Add 1T evoo, shallots, garlic, rosemary & cook 2-3 min
7.) Add honey
8.) stir in mustard & lemon juice
9.) Add chicken back to pan and coat all sides with glaze.

Yep, its that easy! And DELICIOUS!!! Make sure you save all the glaze from the pan to drizzle over your chicken.

The salad shown here is a very simple salad to make as well.

Romaine Lettuce
Red Bell Pepper
Cucumber
Carrots

Balsamic Vinaigrette:

evoo & balsamic vinegar (3:1)
s&p to taste
a good squirt of yellow (or dijon) mustard
a good squirt of honey

I dont have measurements because I never measure when I'm cooking from memory.

Just emulsify or shake well and drizzle over your salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment