Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joe recipes, though easy to come by, aren't really made to my liking. So, I found the closest recipe and altered it a smite. I used the Rachael Ray recipe previously posted and changed it to my liking. Here goes!

2lbs Ground Beef
1 Medium Onion
1 Clove Garlic

2T Tomato Paste
1T Red Wine Vinegar
1T Worcestershire
1/3 C Brown Sugar
2T BBQ Seasoning
2 8oz Cans Tomato Sauce


I decided to use my crock pot(on high) for this and first added a dash of olive oil to the pot, onion, garlic and beef with a little S&P(stirring and breaking up the meat occasionally) . I let this brown up almost all the way before adding the rest of the ingredients in this order. Tomato paste(let cook for a minute and mix in well), red wine vinegar(I stirred up the pot really good and got all the bits off the side and down into the sauce.), worcestershire, brown sugar, bbq seasoning, & tomato sauce. I let this continue to cook on high for an hour or so and then dropped the temp down to low for the remaining 3 hours-ish.

Time to cook - 4.5 hours.

Not to boast "more than any person in the world" but, this is by far the best sloppy joe recipe I've ever had. I was extremely impressed with it.

1 comment:

  1. Craig loves sloppy joes- I may have to make this recipe you posted (your altered recipe).

    ReplyDelete