Thursday, January 7, 2010

Slow going...

I've decided that since I'm rereading Harry Potter and am likely to never pick it up again that I will read it slowly and absorb everything I can. I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying it. I've only been reading a couple chapters at a time and sometimes I catch myself rereading sentences and taking time to just soak in pages. I've never read this slowly and I feel like I'm getting more out of it. I normally read very quick and get it over with as fast as I can so I can move along to something else. I'm not sure if I could do this with a book for the first read through. I like that I've read all these books at least once, some of them a few times and I know what is going on. It gives me time to piece things together slowly and methodically.

I highly recommend reading all books twice for this reason. I think I will read Deathly Hallows twice in a row when I get there. So far I'm only 1/4 of the way through Order of Phoenix. I just finished the chapter where they finally get back to school and start their first day. Umbridge just gave Harry detention for calling her a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment