Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pork loin Steaks.



Bridget & Dave gave us this huge hunk of pork loin.

So I have cut it into 14 steaks and 3 roasts. Like I said, huge! And it was only like $14 at Sams. Go Sams!

So, I will now be accepting your pork steak recipes....I have no problem researching chicken recipes because I eat chicken all the time and can envision the flavors but I never ever eat pork and will be requiring help with this one! I trust you and will try almost anything..

Things to keep in mind:
I try to eat healthy, but if something sound yummy enough I will try it.
I'm not a fan of bacon unless its used to flavor the pan.
I don't like asparagus/eggplant.
I can grill/bake/saute/fry/etc.

That's pretty much it. Ok...help me out here folks!

1 comment:

  1. From the Fix-It and Forget It cookbook (for slow-cookers)

    Cranberry Pork Roast

    2 1/2-3 lb pork roast, boneless
    16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup cranberry juice
    1 tsp dry mustard
    1/4 tsp ground cloves
    2 Tbsp cornstarch
    2 Tbsp cold water
    1 tsp salt

    Place roast in slowcooker.
    Combine cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast.
    Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender.
    Remove roast and keep warm (I generally put foil over the plate with the roast and then throw a towel over it)
    Skim fat from the juices (I'm not picky about this, I get a few spoonfuls worth, but leave a little in for flavor)
    Measure 2 cups, adding water if necessary (this isn't necessary for me, because I use two cans of cranberry sauce, one jellied and one whole) Pour into saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
    Combine cornstarch and cold water to make a paste. Stir into gravy. Cook and stir until thickened. Season with salt.
    Serve with sliced pork.

    This recipe kicks much ass. I almost never have leftovers because everyone has eaten so much. It goes well with mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete