Monday, April 12, 2010

The Pot Stickers were Fabulous!

Rachael Ray's Pot Stickers

Everyday Food's Pot Stickers

Epicurean Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce

Oh...My.......Goodness.

Ok, so here goes. I combined all of these recipes to make the extremely flavorful and disappearing pot stickers that used to exist but are all gone now.

I forgot to take a pic too. Sorry. My eyes & stomach could care less about a photo. Plus, I was eating them right out of the pot. omg. they rocked my socks off. I love this resolution more than any other one. I'm definitely going out of my cooking shell and LOVING it!

Final Recipe:

Filling:
12oz ground pork
1/2C finely chopped napa cabbage
1T finely chopped ginger root
2 chopped scallions(white & green parts)
1 clove finely chopped garlic
1T soy sauce
1t toasted sesame oil
1t Chinese 5 spice

24-ish Won-ton wrappers(the square ones)
1-2T vegetable oil
scallion greens for garnish.
1C chicken stock

step 1: chop that shit!
step 2: gently combine in a bowl. (I always use glass when dealing with raw meat)
step 3: keeping wrappers under a very slightly wet towel(I put a paper towel between the wrappers and the wet towel so they dont get too wet and sticky) and put a teaspoon of filling in the wrapper and wet the sides and press together gently.
step 4: Heat a 12" skillet (with lid) over med-high heat and pour in 1T of veg oil.
step 5: brown both sides of pot sticker (1 min each side)
step 6: pour in 1/2 cup of stock and put lid on skillet for about 3-4 min until pork is cooked through..or until stock is absorbed/cooked off.
step 7: once pot stickers are done, remove them and set them on a paper towel lined plate to catch some of the excess fluid. (this step is probably optional)

This is very easy. I took me about 45 minutes, but I think that's because I've never made them before.

I served them with the exact recipe for the Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce from Epicurean.

I ate 12....along with all the rice and the big bowl of fruit. (the snow peas I made were yucky..I over cooked them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment