Monday, July 26, 2010

Chicken and Gnocchi Soup

This is something I just came up with today.

You can make it however you'd like. I just altered my chicken noodle soup recipe and added the potato gnocchi in place of the noodles and potatoes.

The list of my ingredients are:

carrots
celery
onion
garlic
chicken stock
shredded chicken
potato gnocchi

seasonings of your choice. I used salt, pepper, sage, and thyme. I wanted something sort of basic since Vi isn't 100% right now. BTW-she ate her soup!

Its very easy to make.

Directions
Bring the stock to a boil with all the veggies (carrots & celery cut in to large chunks for my toddler). When the veggies are mostly cooked add the chicken and gnocchi to warm/soften/cook and then serve. I would LOVE many other veggies for myself though.

This is just a simplified version of my chicken noodle soup, so you could take your soup recipe and just add the gnocchi. Its yummy and different.

I do believe I will be making my own gnocchi from scratch from now on though as the store-bought kind are way too salty and kind of rubbery...weird.

(nothing beats the Olive garden chicken and gnocchi soup though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment