Monday, July 12, 2010

Twilight Box!

So, this is the gift I made for my 12 year old little sister's birthday. (She loved it, btw) I found a thick paper box at Michael's and painted the outside black and then painted the inside a nice blood red. I was torn for days as to whether it should be focused on Edward or Jacob, because Claire cant decide between the two. ::::sigh::::

Anyway, my friend Michelle helped me find the Zephyr font which is used as the title font for the DVD's, since the books dont have the swirly "g." Why? I dunno.

So, I printed out all the text and pressed it into the box so I could paint the impressions with white paint.

I used acrylic paint for all of this.

Then I jazzed up the twilight to resemble the way it looks on the DVD. (more like I just painted some lines in odd places.... The quote around the side of the lid is, "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."  I'm sure everyone remembers that line from the book and the movie. After all the painting was done I applied 2 coats of mod-podge in a matte finish. (yes, it looks glossy...its matte, I swear!)

If I was really crafty I would have tried to paint the top of the box to look exactly like the DVD disc, but I didn't even want to go there.

So, here is a pic of the finished project.

Oh, I didn't just give it to her empty, I sewed her a knitting needle/crochet hook holder and gave her a bunch of knitting notions and a book on how to teach yourself to knit and some bright blue Caron Simply Soft yarn. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished needle/hook holder I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment