Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Its 20 degrees out there, bring on the potato soup!

Broccoli, Leek and Potato soup

Yum-flipping-my!

I'm buying the ingredients today!

I cant wait to eat this. I made something similar to this last year and am interested in trying a new recipe.

I do have a problem...I'm missing half the herbs, so I'm going to have to create my own blend. It shouldn't be too hard. Justin and I aren't too big on coriander(cilantro/chinese parsley) yuck, that will be omitted. And since the recipe calls for fennel and herbs de provence, which usually has fennel, I think I will just buy fennel.

My spice cabinet is really small. I only carry about 10-15 different herbs/spices at a time..

Currently I have:
Basil
Oregano
Tarragon
Thyme
Sage
Cumin
Dill
Chili Powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Allspice
Ground/crystallized/fresh Ginger
Ground/whole Cloves
Rosemary

Not a whole lot going on there. But, I only buy something when I'm ready to learn how to use it in different ways. Tarragon is my most recent because of the beef stroganoff.

So, today I will be adding fennel seed. I'm growing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment