Friday, February 5, 2010

Vi's birthday party food!

OK people, I did a whopping 3 minutes of research online and found a few really yummy recipes that I am going to try at her party. I hope everyone likes them. here goes.

Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

2 kiwis
2 apples(I bought Pink Lady)
8oz raspberries
16oz strawberries
2T sugar
1T Brown Sugar
3T Fruit Preserves(I bought Black Raspberry)

Chop all ingredients into itty bitty pieces & chill 15 min before serving. (slice apples last so they dont brown)

(I did not add any sugar and it was plenty sweet. It was also very good when fresh but once it started marinading it got a little syrupy. Overall, it was delicious and everyone seemed to enjoy it, it was the only thing I had to refill at the party)

Archer Farms(From Target) makes cinnamon tortilla chips, but if you want to make your own....

10 Flour Tortillas
Spray Butter
2C cinnamon sugar

Ok, this is where a bunch of different ideas from people come into play:

You can cut up the tortillas first, spray them with butter and shake them in a bag of cinnamon sugar.
you can spray the tortillas whole sprinkle them with C&S and then break them up when they are done cooking.
There are really a million ways of doing this, but there are 2 ideas.
Anyway, bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. They will get more crispy as they cool.


Bacon & Cheese Frittatas

6 eggs
1C Milk
2T melted butter
1/2t salt
1/4t pepper
1C shredded cheddar cheese
5 strips bacon(cooked & chopped)
Chives(optional garnish)

1. beat eggs, milk, butter, s & p.
2. pour in dish, sprinkle with bacon & cheese(& chives)
3. bake 350 25-30 min in a casserole dish(9x13 I think) or until knife comes out clean.
****I plan on making mini frittatas in a mini muffin pan, I will post cooking time when I figure it out.

(These were AWESOME! I recommend adding some chives or scallions though...and less bacon.)

Smokies

2 packs smokies
18oz bbq sauce
1C brown sugar
1/2C ketchup
1T worcestershire
1/3C chopped onion(I'm using a yellow)

cook on low in a crock pot for 1 hours.

(These were also awesome! A huge hit at the party, but seriously, when aren't smokies a hit?!)

Veggie Dip

1 package Knorr's Spring veggie soup mix
16oz Sour cream

1. mix together and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving so dried ingredients reconstitute.

(This is a great standby to always have on hand. Justin and I love this recipe. We also love adding Ranch dressing to sour cream and dunking our veggies in it...sometimes we just use Sour Cream)

M&M's

1 large bag of m&m's

1. pour into a bowl....hahaha. april fools, I mean, February fools...wow, I'm dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment